- Dense, hand-picked balsa wood is multi-coat sealed, multi-coat primed, then painted
- Rear hook hanger is screwed into a hardwood dowel which has been inserted in the tail.
- Belly weight/ hook hanger and Lexan bill are glued in with an incredibly strong glue
- Pull point is drilled and inserted through the bill
- Made with stainless hardware, to avoid rust or corrosion
- All baits are finished with an epoxy gel coat, not a thin, less durable lacquer or acrylic
WEC Custom Lures is a division of Zoom Baits. Zoom founder and owner, Ed Chambers, is the chief lure designer at WEC and a true craftsman. WEC balsa baits are designed and built with a passion for building exceptional balsa baits. There are no shortcuts, no rough wood, and no spotty finishes on these cranks. WEC crankbaits are painstakingly hand crafted one-at-a-time through a total of 58 individual steps for one purpose - to catch fish. Not only will they catch 'em, but they are also incredibly durable wooden baits.